The project works required to be delivered under the Stormwater Management Plan (SMP) are best described as 8 sub-projects. There is a logical progression in which works need to be undertaken with consideration to:
- The relative effectiveness of the individual works.
- The requirement to ensure the staging of works does not result in the temporary transfer of a flood problem elsewhere.
- Works involving temporary detention of flood waters can proceed at any time. They provide benefit even if other works are not completed.
- Channel upgrades should progress from downstream to upstream and should follow the construction of flood detention works, because channel upgrades are sized for reduced outflows from upstream detention systems.
- The flow diversions from Keswick Creek to Brown Hill Creek must be staged to follow the Lower Brown Hill Creek upgrade.
Lower Brown Hill Creek upgrade.
Upper Brown Hill Creek upgrade.